We welcome all comments, questions, and suggestions you may have on our products. Please feel free to contact us via any of the avenues below:
If there’s a specific store you’re trying to contact, click here to view our store locations.
Web order questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries, warehouse or product questions, please call our Corporate Office at: (269) 888-3290.
For franchise opportunities call (269) 888-3290, or e-mail: email@example.com
Spice & Tea Merchants Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 130
Saugatuck, MI 49453
What is Golden Milk? In a nutshell, it’s a Westernized version of a traditional Indian drink called haldi doodh, which features turmeric and milk as its main ingredients.
If you’re not familiar with turmeric, it’s a yellowish-orange colored rhizome with a prominent place in the spice world. It’s used in a wide variety of products, such as Indian curry blends, mustards, relishes, tangines, and even as a natural food coloring. Turmeric has a complex and intense woodsy flavor with floral, citrus, and ginger notes.
Additionally, turmeric contains a component called curcumin, which gives turmeric its signature yellowish-orange color. Curcumin has also been the focus of much medical discussion, as many health benefits are ascribed to it – notable its potency as an anti-inflammatory. There’re even some preliminary studies suggesting links between curcumin and its ability to regular blood sugar, prevent depression, reverse liver damage, and even treat Alzheimer’s. However, these studies haven’t demonstrated concrete results in humans yet.
If adding turmeric to your diet is something of interest to you, then that’s where Golden Milk comes in! To prepare this delightful concoction, simply follow the recipe below.
2 Cups regular milk or a non-dairy based milk, such as almond, cashew, coconut, pecan, or soy.
1 TBSP Honey Granules
1 TSP Turmeric
1/2 TSP Cinnamon (Korintje (regular) or Vietnamese (stronger))
1/4 TSP Ginger Powder
1/4 TSP Cardamom
1/8 TSP Ground Black Peppercorns
1. Blend together the black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric.
2. Add a small amount of the desired milk and stir to form a paste.
3. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until hot but not boiling. Be sure to whisk lightly while heating until all ingredients are incorporated.
Optional: Add a dash of cayenne to heat things up!
For enhanced flavor and potency, try steeping one of the following delicious turmeric based herbal teas in the golden milk: Turmeric Chai, Turmeric Cider, Turmeric Comfort, Turmeric Ginger Rooibos, and Turmeric Truffle.
Additionally, if smoothies are to your liking, then give our Matcha Turmeric Smoothie a shot!
In the mood for something decadent? Try buttering up one of our most popular black teas – Moonlight Earl Grey. By itself, this tea features bergamot citrus, vanilla, and cream. Blending it with a bit of butter and our Baker’s Blend creates a rich and creamy refreshment.
1. Soften the butter by letting it sit unrefrigerated for about 20 minutes.
2. Blend together the butter, Baker’s Blend, and Vanilla Bean Sugar.
3. Bring 16 oz of water to a boil, and then steep the tea for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the butter mixture to the tea and stir until dissolved.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Share this rich treat with a friend…or keep it all for yourself – we won’t tell!
If you’re preparing this on a particularly cold winter night, feel free to add 2 ounces of dark rum to the mix.
Summer in Michigan is a beautiful sight! Though, our Michigan evenings can be rather muggy. A favored remedy for this is a tall glass of iced tea, and Spice & Tea Merchants carries a vast selection for making just that! Teas like Black Currant, Blood Orange Smoothie, and Pink Rose Lemonade are just a few favorites.
However, if you want to take it to the next level, try turning your ordinary iced tea into a memorable cocktail! Check out the recipes below for fun ways to transform your tea into an adult refreshment.
Chamomile Honey Whiskey Cocktail
1 TSP Chamomile Citrus or Wild Blossoms & Berries Tea
2/3 Cup Boiling Water
1 Ounce Whiskey or Bourbon
1/2 TBSP Honey Granules (regular honey may be substituted)
1 & 1/2 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
Fresh Chamomile, Mint Sprig, and/or Lemon Wedge for garnish
1. Place the tea in an infuser, and let steep in the hot water for roughly 5 minutes. Remove the infuser once brewed (steeping tea too long will make it bitter).
2. Stir in the honey granules until fully dissolved.
3. In a shaker, combine the brewed tea, whiskey, lemon juice, and some ice. Shake.
4. Strain into a lowball/rocks glass with ice cubes. Garnish with chamomile flowers, a mint sprig, or lemon wedge.
Lavender Peach Martini
1 & 1/2 Ounces Vanilla Vodka
1/2 Ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Ounce Peach Lavender Syrup (see below)
Flavored Sugar for rimming, we suggest lemon or vanilla
Lavender Sprig or Lemon Slice for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add crushed ice, vanilla vodka, lemon juice, and peach lavender syrup. Shake.
2. Strain into a chilled martini glass (preferably rimmed with a flavored sugar). Garnish with a fresh lavender sprig or lemon slice.
1. In a saucepan bring the water and honey granules to a near boil. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the honey granules. Remove from heat.
2. Add the lavender peach tea and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Strain out the tea. Store the syrup in the refrigerator (keeps for several weeks).
Prep: Place the tea in an infuser, and let steep in the hot water for roughly 3 minutes. Remove the infuser. Don't over steep the tea. If you prefer strong tea, use more tea when brewing – long steep times only make it bitter. Chill the tea until ready to use.
1. In a Collins glass, combine the lime juice, mint, and honey granules. Lightly muddle the mixture to release the oils in the mint.
2. Fill the glass with ice until it’s roughly 3/4 full. Add the rum, and top with the chilled tea. Stir well, and garnish with a slice of lime and mint sprig.
Did you know that there are 84.5 million Mother’s in the United States? I’m sure you are shopping for more than one of those!
Another fun fact shows what mothers really want for Mother's Day is something homemade or dinner! Well, lucky for you, we have thrown together some homemade Mother's Day gifts and we have the spices and tools to help YOU make her an amazing dinner this Mother's Day! Forget about the flowers and jewelry! This year, instead of buying that special lady in your life something she doesn't want, give her something she is sure to love!
If you stop into one of our stores this week, you're bound to find some special Mother's Day gifts and ideas. On top of our already amazing selection of spices, teas, gift baskets and more, we have prepared something special for that special someone in your life.
In our Saugatuck store, we are bundling 3 Caranda teas for $10! That's a steal, plus we are including a recipe card for cocktails. This special Mother's Day gift will also include a special heart infuser and will be packaged in our store for your convenience!
In our Grand Rapids store, we have built the perfect Mother's Day gift box. We have bundled a ducky tea infuser, a bar of our amazing oatmeal soap, 1 oz of peppermint patty tea, 1 chocolate rose and 2 chocolate truffles. This bundle will come packaged in a cigar box for only $39.95!!
In our Traverse City store, we will have a day packed full of fun. Included in the fun is music trivia all day with Pandora, iced tea samples and dips! Chocolate specials for Mother's Day include buy 4 get one FREE!
In our Ann Arbor location start Mother's Day off right with a free cup of tea for Mom! We'll also showcase our Blooming Tea Buds in an Adagio clear glass teapot - you can watch them unfurl and blossom right in the pot, and enjoy a great cup of tea once they've brewed. If you buy three buds, you get 10% off the Adagio Teapot!
If you're not seeing a Mother's Day package that is exactly what you're looking for, have no fear! Our amazing team at Spice & Tea Merchants is here to help! Let them know what your Mom enjoys, whether spice or tea, and they can customize a beautiful Mother's Day gift basket that is perfect for any mother!
If you want more information on the teas, spices and products we have, feel free to browse our website!